Looking to automate tedious, time-consuming tasks? Check out our Zapier integration!
In this article
- What is Zapier?
- What to expect from this integration
- How to connect your Copysmith & Zapier accounts
- Create your first Zap
- Zap ideas & use cases
What is Zapier?
Zapier makes it possible to automate all sorts of tasks between two or more apps - without any coding required. When something happens in one app, Zapier can automatically make another app do something in response.
Automations in Zapier are called Zaps, and they boil down to a WHEN and DO command - "When this happens, do that." Your WHEN command is called a trigger while your DO command is called an action. Every Zap will have both of these components!
What to expect from this integration
Zapier integrates with thousands of apps so the possibilities are borderline endless. As you brainstorm ways to connect Copysmith to the apps you use, your automations will likely fall into three main categories:
- Frequent, repetitive tasks
- Tasks not requiring critical thinking
- Moving information between two locations
There are 3 Copysmith triggers available to kick off any Zap
- File created
- Document published
- Document created
There are 3 Copysmith actions available to conclude any Zap
- Create a file
- Generate content
- Find a file
How to connect your Copysmith and Zapier accounts
Navigate to the Add-Ons tab in the left sidebar.
In the Integrations section, find Zapier and click the Connect button.
Scroll to the top of the page, click the Show API Keys button, and copy the Zapier API key.
Scroll back down to the Zapier box and click the Click here to accept beta invitation link.
Click the Accept Invite & Build a Zap button at the bottom of the page.
Once you login to Zapier and begin creating your first Zap for Copysmith, you'll be prompted to use the API key you copied!
Create your first Zap!
In your Zapier account, click Create Zap button and select the Copysmith app from your app event menu.
Important: Several Copysmith versions will appear in your search! Be sure to use the latest one.
Zapier will guide you through the Zap creation process, but you'll need to decide first if Copysmith will be your trigger or your action.
- If an action taken in Copysmith is your trigger, you'll choose it in the first step and guide Zapier on the specifics of the action you want it to look out for.
- If you're using another app as your trigger and Copysmith as the action, choose your preferred app in the first step and add Copysmith later on when prompted.
Struggling with your zap? Don't worry! Creating Zaps can feel a bit overwhelming at first and requires some trial and error. If you'd like help brainstorming, reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Zap ideas & use cases
Create a zap you're proud of? Chat or email our team with a few details of your creation, and we'll feature it in this article and across our social channels.
Notable apps available in Zapier
Zapier connects with 4000+ apps! You can see the full list here.
- Communication: Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, & Slack
- eCommerce: Shopify, WooCommerce, Gumroad, eBay, Kajabi, and 200+ more.
- Marketing: Hubspot, Twitter, Facebook Lead Ads, Instagram, Flodesk, and 800+ more
- Sales: Salesforce, Typeform, & Jotform
- Support: Zendesk, Intercom, Freshdesk, & HelpScout
Example uses cases
- Connect Google Forms so any submissions are automatically dropped into Copysmith and refreshed using the Content Rewriter or Enhancer.
- Spruce up your existing product descriptions by integrating Copysmith with your eCom store. When you write a new description, have Copysmith automatically rewrite it using the Content Rewriter.
- Add a series of product descriptions or social media posts created in Copysmith to Google Sheets to help you stay organized.